Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

Prompt Response: An argument that I wish I had handled differently was when I was accused of making a mess in the kitchen. My brothers blamed me, and I clapped back and argued. I wish I had defended myself properly because it was not me. I could have won the argument if I used a bombproof excuse. I was not home when it happened, so it could not have been me. With that proof, the argument would have ended with me because there would have been no way I could have done it. Then my brothers were accused, and they actually did it. 

Summary: Today in class, we went over how to talk your way out of a speeding ticket with a police officer.

Reflection: This could be important in the future because you might unknowingly speed, and knowing how to respectfully talk to the cop so you don't get charged.

 

Comments