How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt Response: Living around Atlanta has influenced how I see my community because everyone behaves differently. I see people being respectful and kind, and then I see them throwing their trash into bushes and onto the side of the road. Atlanta is a very expressive community where people can be themselves. There are artistic murals and graffiti around. It makes me feel like I can be true to who I am. Something I would tell someone who is not from Atlanta is to go with the flow and express yourself. 

Summary: Today in class, we read Keisha Lance Bottoms' speech, "Go Home." We identified the speaker, purpose, audience, context, and exigence.

Reflection: This is important because it is good to know our city's history and the past events that have happened that shape the city into what it is today. 

 

Comments