Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Prompt Response: I made a claim stating that The Hunger Games: Sunrise on the Reaping will be the best movie of the year. Someone asked me why, and I backed it up by stating some evidence. I said that the trailers and promo pictures look really awesome, and all the interviews and critic reviews say how amazing it is. The past five Hunger Games movies have been amazing and lived up to expectations. The book accuracy was also good compared to others. Explaining your evidence is really important because it shows that you really know what you're talking about. 

Summary: Today in class, we learned about the importance of explaining our evidence. 

Reflection: This is important because being able to support your claim shows that you are passionate about it and that you actually know what you are saying. 

Comments