Describe a time you felt completely lost.

Prompt Response: A time I felt totally lost was when I was completely overwhelmed with homework and quizzes in sophomore year. It was February, and I had an AP World unit test while having a ton of homework in all my other classes. I wanted to quit so bad because I did not know where to start. Eventually, I made a list and went down it one by one and slowly checked things off. I started off with the assignments due first and then spent time studying for AP World. I turned in all my assignments on time and got the highest score I have ever gotten on a unit test in AP World. What I learned from that time is to always take things one by one and stay patient with yourself. 

Summary: Today in class, we did an assignment on finding claims for a certain topic and then determining if it is a claim of policy, claim of fact, or a claim of value.

Reflection: This is important because when you need to make your own claims for future assignments, it is good to know what kind of claim you are stating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Consider the following statement: "We spend more time connecting online but less time connecting in person." Do you agree or disagree with this antithesis? Explain your perspective using personal experiences. Discuss how technology has influenced the way people communicate and build relationships. In your response, include at least one original example of antithesis.