Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt Response: A time I tried to persuade someone to do something I wanted was to make my friend watch The Hunger Games with me. I used pathos to convince her. I said that it would mean everything to me because they are my favorite movies. I said how the movies would change your perspective on many things and would make you feel something. The movies left me thinking for a while after I watched them, and I said they would do the same to her. Pathos was definitely the way to go because it made her feel bad about not watching my favorite movie. We watched all five, and she ended up loving them.
Summary: Today in class, we presented the origin of our name assignment. We also reviewed ethos, pathos, and logos.
Reflection: This is important for the future because learning how to stand up in front of people and present is a good skill to have/develop.
Comments
Post a Comment