Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt Response: Something I believed in as a child was that witches were real. While in elementary school, I had a dream that witches were coming to my house to snatch me up, so I hid underneath my glass dining table. When I woke up, I believed it was real, and for a long time I was really scared of witches. Whenever I saw birds flying, I thought they were witches on brooms. This was after I read Witches by Roald Dahl. I got over that fear when I watched Hocus Pocus, and it is now my favorite Halloween movie.

Summary: Today in class,  we covered what a claim is and the three different types of claims.

Reflection: This is important because a claim is something that can be arguable and it is good to know when you need to make a claim.

Comments