In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?
Prompt Response: A time I felt like I truly belonged was when I was hanging out with my best friend. I have been friends with Farrah since second grade, and we became even closer during Covid-19. We share all the same interests and love doing things together. When I am around her, I can be my true self. Nothing is embarrassing around her because we act the same. What created this sense of belonging was the safe space she provoided in her presence.
Summary: Today in class, we did a common lit on an article by Tracy Brower. It explained how a sense of belonging is important for one's self-esteem and mental health.
Reflection: Understanding where your sense of belonging is is important because it can improve your mental health and make you happier overall.
Comments
Post a Comment