Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
Prompt Response: In eighth grade, my friend and I asked for an extension on a homework assignment due to both of us being sick at the same time. She started talking first and was very casual about it. Our teacher gave us the extension, but she seemed very hesitant about allowing us to turn it in later. I know if we asked more respectfully, she would not have hesitated. That stuck with me, and now I always talk to my teachers respectfully and with formal language.
Summary: Today in class, we took notes on formal vs. informal language. We also finished our group paragraphs.
Reflection: Learning formal vs. informal language is important so we can distinguish which ones to use depending on the circumstances.
Comments
Post a Comment